Deployment is to copy the Metabase pre-packaged online to your Cloud Server. For example, after the user subscribe Metabase on the Cloud Platform, the Platform will automatically copy the Metabase to the corresponding Cloud Server.
- If Metabase has been deployed, go to Initial Installation to complete the operation.
- If Metabase is not deployed, you need to deploy Metabase to your cloud server first.
We offer two deployment Metabase scenarios (the deployment results are the same):
# Deploy by Image
Deploy by Image means starting instance from Metabase images. Metabase Image provide OS and software environment needed for Metabase.
For users with experience with cloud servers, Deploy by Image equated with "one-click deployment".
Websoft9 published Metabase image (opens new window) on Cloud Platform, three methods for your deployment:
- When Create New Instance , select the Metabase image as the system boot template.
- When Subscribe Metabase on Marketplace, the system will promote you to create a new instance for this image at the same time.
- When Re-install OS for you instance, you can replace the existing image with a Metabase image.
# Deploy by Script
Deploy by Script means running a script on your cloud instance to pull the pre-packages online to your instance and configure it at the same time.
Websoft9 provide the Metabase ansbile automation script (opens new window) on Github. If you are familiar with Ansible, you can deploy the Metabase to the instance automaticly.
Although the results of the deploy by image are consistent with the results of deploy by script, what is the difference between the two deployment methods?
Suggest you read the document Deploy by Image vs Deploy by Script (opens new window)