Deployment is to copy the MySQL pre-packaged online to your Cloud Server. For example, after the user subscribe MySQL on the Cloud Platform, the Platform will automatically copy the MySQL to the corresponding Cloud Server.
- If MySQL has been deployed, go to Initial Installation to complete the operation.
- If MySQL is not deployed, you need to deploy MySQL to your cloud server first.
We offer two deployment MySQL scenarios (the deployment results are the same):
# Deploy by Image
Deploy by Image means starting instance from MySQL images. MySQL Image provide OS and software environment needed for MySQL.
For users with experience with cloud servers, Deploy by Image equated with "one-click deployment".
Websoft9 published MySQL image (opens new window) on Cloud Platform, three methods for your deployment:
- When Create New Instance , select the MySQL image as the system boot template.
- When Subscribe MySQL on Marketplace, the system will promote you to create a new instance for this image at the same time.
- When Re-install OS for you instance, you can replace the existing image with a MySQL image.
# Deploy by Script
Deploy by Script means running a script on your cloud instance to pull the pre-packages online to your instance and configure it at the same time.
Websoft9 provide the MySQL ansbile automation script (opens new window) on Github. If you are familiar with Ansible, you can deploy the MySQL to the instance automaticly.
Although the results of the deploy by image are consistent with the results of deploy by script, what is the difference between the two deployment methods?
Suggest you read the document Deploy by Image vs Deploy by Script (opens new window)