Vtiger consists of various area, called Modules, which contain the tools necessary for Sales, Support, Marketing, Project Management, Calendar and Activity Management, and more.To create a more focused experiences while using Vtiger, it’s advised that you hide the modules that your company doesn’t use. This can be done by enabling or disabling them from here.
The key preferences with respect to the modules can be configured right from here. Settings that can be configured in Module Manager are illustrated below.
Example: The wide variety of setting options Lead Module include
||Module Layouts & Fields
||Navigates you to Fields and Layout Editor where you can configure fields of selected module
||Navigates you to Workflows feature where you can set up new workflows on selected module
||Edit Picklist Values
||Navigates you to Picklist Editor where you can customize picklist fields of selected module
||Module Sequence Numbering
||Navigates you to Customize Record Numbering feature where you can modify default record numbering of selected module
||Navigates you to Create New Webforms
||Navigates you to Create/Edit your workflows
||Lead Conversion Data Mapping
||Exclusively for Leads. Navigates you to Lead Mapping feature where you can map fields before converting leads
Module Manager displays the list of all modules available in your Vtiger CRM account. You can disable the modules that doesn’t meet your business requirements by unchecking the checkboxes beside them. Unlike Profiles, if modules are disabled in Module Manager, they will not be available for use for all users across your Vtiger CRM account. However, you can easily enable the modules to bring them back in action by clicking on the checkbox beside that module.
Follow few simple steps to enable or disable modules in Vtiger CRM
- Click “Menu” icon
- Click Settings
- Click Module Manager
- Check the checkbox to enable or Uncheck the checkbox next to specific field to disable it
Note! If you want to limit certain users from accessing the modules, you can use Profiles in the Users Management section under Settings
This feature enables you to import extensions, apps and modules that are compatible with Vtiger CRM.
Follow few simple steps to import an extension or module into Vtiger CRM
- In Modules detail view, click “Extension Store”in the top right
- Click on Install button corresponding to module you’d like to import
- Click Accept and Install button (If you agree the terms of License).
- After successful installation, click Ok button.
- After installation, additional modules like vttwitter, vtmessages are found under All drop-down on Menu bar. MailChimp, WebformsConfigurationEditor, PDF Maker are found under Other Settings drop-down under Settings Page