Content means software (including machine images), data, text, audio, video, or images that you process, store, or host by our products or services in connection with your account, and any computational results that you derive from the foregoing, when you use our products or services. This does not include account information that you provide to us in connection with the creation or administration of your account. Please refer to the links below to see your rights and obligations of Content and how we handle your Content.
What personal data do we collect?
In the context of rendering our Services, be it online or offline, we may collect information about you. This information regularly includes the following:
- If you use a Websoft9 Virtual Machine or Cloud Image: from downloaded, pulled or deployed instances we may collect information such as the platform, instance type, IP address, operating system details, the application being used or the Websoft9 account used to launch the image.
- If you register on our websites or sign up for a trial: Name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, company name, job title, IP address, username and password.
- If you register for a paid service: in addition to the above, credit card or other payment information and information on your order such as price, license, service plan.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter: Name, email address, marketing campaign information such as your reaction to our marketing and your interest in our Services.
- If you contact us (via our websites or via phone, email or letter), e.g. for a support request, respond to a survey, send us an inquiry or post to our forum: Name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, company name, job title, IP address, information on our communication with you and any additional information you provide us with.
- If you run the Websoft9 Support in relation to a support request about a downloaded, pulled or deployed instance: System Information (such as operating system details, IP address, CPU and memory details), stack information (such as name, version, installation directory and user), and configuration and log files.
- If you merely visit our websites: IP address, browser data, browser type, device type, device ID, Uniform Resource Locators (URL), operating system, language preferences, information on your usage of our websites and online activities.
How Websoft9 Processes Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data only limited for:
- Creating an account on Websoft9’s websites.
- Fulfilling your transaction or service requests, including fulfilling orders; delivering, activating, or verifying products or services; fulfilling your requests for changes or providing you with the requested information (such as marketing materials for products and services, and white papers); and providing technical support.
- Contacting you; sending you information about products and services that may interest you; inviting you to participate in Websoft9 activities (including promotional activities), market surveys, or satisfaction surveys; or sending you marketing information. If you do not want to receive these types of information, you can opt out at any time
- Sending you important notices.
- Providing you with personalized user experience and content.
- Improving our products and services through internal audits, data analysis, and research.
- Analyzing the efficiency of our business operations and evaluating market share.
- Troubleshooting when you send us error reports.
- Ensuring the security of our products, services and customers or users, executing and improving our loss prevention and anti-fraud programs.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, industry standards or our policies.
We may not disclose your personal data to a third party except in the following cases:
- The disclosure is mandatorily required in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We may disclose your personal data within the most limited scope, when appropriate, for protecting rights or property of Websoft9, our customer sand the public. For example, we may disclose your personal data, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent or defend cyber threat, fraud, physical harm, or financial loss, or when it is in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- We may disclose your personal data to our associate companies, our affiliates, service providers, subcontractors, partners or successors to enable them to provide transaction support, service support or security support for you. In this case, we ensure these companies shall guarantee the same personal data protection standard as this Statement, and shall not use personal data for other purposes.
We only disclose your personal data to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations and pursuant to this Statement. We do not provide, sell, and rent your personal data for or to any third party unconcerned unless otherwise permitted by you or specified in this Statement.
To ensure our website works correctly, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device. The content of a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you use, and enable websites to store data such as your preferences.
- Cookies allow websites to remember your settings such as language, font size on your computer or mobile device, or other browser preferences. This means that a user does not need to reset preferences for every visit.
- We may count some data of advertising of Websoft9, such as the times that advertising pops up on the Website and the situation of clicking advertising on other websites.
- Authentication. When you visit the Website, we may create a unique ID to identify you. If cookies with this function are not used, the Website will treat you as a new visitor every time you load a web page. For example, if you are redirected to another web page from the Website you are already logged in to and then return to the Website, it will not recognize you and you must log in again.
- Statistics and analysis. For instance, we use cookie to count the number of visitors of the Website and to learn about sources of your visiting.
- Security. We use cookie to secure the operation of the Website.
How Websoft9 Protects Your Personal Data
We take personal data security seriously. We will take appropriate physical, organizational, and technical measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage or loss. For example, we use encryption to ensure data confidentiality; we use trusted protection mechanisms to prevent malicious data attacks; we deploy access control mechanisms to ensure that only authorized personnel can access personal data; and we raise awareness among employees about the importance of protecting personal data through security and privacy protection training sessions. While we take the utmost care to protect your personal data, please note that no security measures are completely infallible.
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Statement, unless otherwise extending the retention period is required by laws or requested by you. The data storage period may vary with scenario, product, and service. The standards we use to determine the retention period are as follows: the time required to retain personal data to fulfill business purposes, including providing products and services; maintaining corresponding transaction and business records as required by laws; ensuring the security of systems, products, and services; handling possible user queries or complaints and locating problems; whether the user agrees to a longer retention period; and whether the laws, contracts, and other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention; etc. We will maintain your account information as long as your account is necessary for service provision. You can choose to deregister your account. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing you with products and services through your account and delete your relevant personal data, provided that deletion is not otherwise stipulated by special legal requirements.
Although we protect your personal data, you are responsible for safekeeping your data including accounts and passwords.
If you find your account or password is used by others without your permission to log in to this Website, please notify us of this case promptly. You have the right to request us to suspend any unauthorized use of your account or password.
In case of any data breaches we found on your personal data we collected, stored and processed, we may inform you and/or the competent authority through publishing an announcement on Websoft9 website, sending you an email or other reasonable means according to the requirements of applicable laws and/or from competent authority. If your personal information is leaked due to reasons attributable to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you in a timely manner after confirming the consequence and root causes of the data breach.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data
It is your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is correct. We are dedicated to maintaining the accuracy and completeness of personal data and keeping the data up-to-date.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, you may: (1) have the right to access any personal data about you that we hold; (2) request us to update or correct your data; (3) ask us to remove your data; and (4) refuse or restrict us to process your data. If you need our assistance to exercise the rights above, please contact us through10. How to Contact Websoft9. Please note that under some circumstances, including without limitation where your identity cannot be verified, or your claim is beyond the scope of rights, or other circumstances under laws and regulations, your requests may be refused. Where you find any breach of this Statement, you can also raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a data protection authority or other officials with jurisdiction.
Here are some instructions for you to control your personal data collected by us:
- Account information: If you want to add or update personal data related to your account, please go to the Website and follow steps: Log in>My Account.
- Cookies: Regarding the management of Cookies
- Message: Please go to the Website and follow steps: Log in>My Account> Message Receiving Management.
How Websoft9 Handles Personal Data of Children
Our products, websites, and services are primarily intended for adults. Children are not allowed to create their own user account without the consent of parents or guardians. Where a child’s personal data is collected with parental consent, we will only use or disclose this data if applicable laws and regulations permit it, if explicit permission is given by parents or guardians, or if it is necessary to protect the child.
If children provide us with their personal data without their parental consent, the parents or guardians can contact us to stop the collection, use, or disclose of their personal data.
If we learn that it has collected a child’s personal data without first obtaining verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to delete the data within the shortest possible time period.
Third Party Providers and Their Services
To improve your service experience, you may be served content or web links from third parties other than us. We do not have control over such third parties. You can choose whether or not to access or use links, content, products, and services offered by third parties.
We have no control over the privacy and data protection policies of third parties, which are not governed by this Statement. Before submitting your personal data to third parties, please refer to their respective privacy protection policies.
How Your Personal Data Is Transferred Internationally
In order to provide or improve services to you, we store your personal data in countries/regions where Websoft9, Websoft9 associated companies, or Websoft9’s service providers or subcontractors are located. This means your personal data may be transferred to countries or regions where you are located, or jurisdictions which are outside the places where we collect your personal data, and be accessed and stored in the jurisdictions. These jurisdictions may have different data protection laws. In such cases, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is afforded to your data as required by applicable laws and regulations where the data is located, as well as this Statement.
How to contact us